The Technical Committee "Control in Agriculture" mainly focuses but not limited to the following topics:
- Fosters modeling and control aspects of agriculture and biological productions,
- Modeling, identification and control methodologies for agricultural production lines and processes, both on the process
level (e.g. photosynthesis of crops, soil-water-plant-atmosphere cycle and metabolism of farm animals), as well as on the
systems level (e.g. control of greenhouses, warehouses, animal houses, plant factories and controlled ecological life
support systems - CELSS),
- Energy issues such as heating, cooling, lighting, and energy saving in agriculture,
- Robotics and mechatronics for agricultural automation,
- Process and equipment design and identification,
- Post-harvest operations such as grading, drying, storage of crops of fruits and vegetables, also food processing (quality
and safety), control and automation,
- Information technologies with applications in precision farming, cultivation processes and harvesting. It includes computer networks, image analysis and sensors and artificial intelligence applications (e.g. fuzzy, neural network, genetic algorithms, immune systems).
- And, Ergonomics including man-machine systems and man-machine interfaces in agriculture for human and animal comfort and welfare.