This Technical Committee fosters research in enterprise networking, interoperability and integration, in particular, enterprise networking reference architectures, enterprise engineering, enterprise modelling, knowledge representation, and semantics. Aims are to identify theoretically sound and practically viable techniques for the enterprise Internet-based collaboration, enterprise networking, and modelling languages to support the Digital Sustainable Enterprise.
In particular the TC:
- Investigates Collaborative Networked Enterprises principles, working models, application methods, protocols and Information Communication and Technologies.
- Investigates reference models, modelling methodologies and tools for enterprise networks design and implementation.
- Integration of PLM systems in enterprises, PLM tools, methods and standards
- Internet of Things and Internet of Every Things for the Digital Enterprise
- The Sensing Enterprise
- Cyber-Physical systems
- ICT for enterprise sustainability
- Investigates theories, models and tools to verify and validate enterprise models.
- Investigates methodologies and technologies for documenting and storing enterprise models enabling model reuse,
- Investigates ontology-based models and theories to facilitate business (ERP, SCM ...) to manufacturing (MES, SCE ...) applications interoperability.
Four interest groups operate to support the particular objectives (additional WG details):
- Interest Group on Collaborative Networked Enterprises (Romero)
- Interest Group on Enterprise architecture and reference models (Chen)
- Interest Group on Verification and Validation & Accreditation of Enterprise Models (Chapurlat)
- Interest Group on Enteprise Knowledge Representation and Semantics (Sarraipa)