The goal of the technical committee on Computers for Control is to coordinate and promote technical activities related to computer & control synergies.
TC 3.1 focuses on all aspects, among others, of:
- embedded and cyber-physical systems including advances in software and hardware architectures for real-time control, control techniques to computer systems,
- software engineering related to real-time control systems as model-driven paradigm, modeling languages, verification & validation and certification, safety and security
- execution platforms including multi-core, real-time operating systems, virtualization layer for mixed-criticality systems and networks,
- scheduling methods
- real-time networks
Special interest of the committee is to promote the application of these methods, techniques, and platforms in different application fields such as, but not limited to, aerospace, automotive, railway, process control, robotics, autonomous systems, healthcare, home automation or industrial automation systems.
- Embedded and Cyber physical systems
- Software and hardware architectures
- Control techniques for computer systems
- Software engineering for real-time control: Modeling languages (UML, SysML, domain languages), verification & validation
- Model-driven engineering for real-time control
- RT networks: protocols, wireless, ......
- Development of critical systems: dependability, fault management, Verification & Validation & Certification
- Mixed criticality systems: Hw&Sw Architectures
- Platforms for computer control: multicore hardware platforms, real-time operating system, scheduling, virtualizacion layer
- Model based engineering in automation: SysML, PLCopen XML interface, AutomationML, …
- Applications: aerospace, automotive, railway, process control, robotics, autonomous systems, healthcare, home automation, industrial automation